Noticed hard swollen inflammation of the scrotum. What is causing this to occur?

sir i observed hard swelled iflammation at the point of scrotum. i observed during the course of toilet. My Doctor said that it is an obsession and given cefpodoxime 200 mg and trypsin chymotripsin withaceclofenac and paracetemol for 10 days. He said ither wise it has to be opened. Please guide us an clarify my doubt why it has happened as i have no bad habbits
anticipating your kind reply XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for the query
The inflammation of the scrotum or at the point of scrotum can be due to infection at that area or enlarged lymph nodes. The infection or enlarged lymph node can be caused due to unhygienic condition, any previous infection, pricking of hair, Diabetes and sexual transmitted disease. Your doctor prescribed you a right medication to reduce the inflammation and control the infection.

Alone swelling with no other symptoms, is self limiting and usually needs no treatment. But if you have fever or raised local area temperature and redness of the part, than you needs to take the above said treatment. Your doctor prescribed this medication to prevent for all these symptoms if you have not now.

As per surgery or opening of the swelling is concern, this is done in rare cases if swelling does not respond to the treatment given or symptoms worse.
In my opinion follow the instruction of your treating doctor. If have any doubt in your mind than you can go for some investigation like sonography of scrotum, Blood count and needle aspiration test if needed, or as per instruction of your doctor.

Hope you got answer to your query. Write again if you have another query. I will be happy to answer them
Dr. Kulbir XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Noticed hard swollen inflammation of the scrotum. What is causing this to occur? 30 hours later
on observation i found a small ball like swelling appears on touch with hand, low pain will be there always. even in driving also on sitting pain appears and i have no difficulty in driving.In evenings the pain will slightly grow.please clarify whether the swelling gradually diminishes or it will automatically breaks. Iwas eager because i may not get leave from higher authorities easily. for 15 days i have to travel extensively due to new branch opening. Please suggest me sir in which act i will be thankful to you.
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 40 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks again for posting the query
Do not worry; you can travel for your job. But take permission from your treating doctor, he can give you some instruction to follow. Some instructions in my mind are keep the part in hygienic condition, do not try to press or squeeze the swelling and avoid sex.

You have to continue the treatment you are taking for 10-15 days as per required or till your symptoms disappears. In addition to your treatment you can also take analgesic drugs to reduce pain. In 90% of the cases swelling will disappear automatically by medication. In rest of the cases needle aspiration test is needed if complete course of medication fails.

Write back if you have any further queries. I will be happy to answer them.
Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh