Noticed hard, painless lump on clavicle. What could this be?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
We've noticed a hard, painless lump on our 6 year old daughter's right clavicle where it attaches to her sternum. She's had no recent trauma to the area. She is very active and participates in gymnastics several times a week without any discomfort. What could this be ?
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

The hard lump that is painless can be a bone cyst or a benign tumor.

Without an opportunity to examine her physically, I am unable to provide the specific treatment. So I suggest you to consult a doctor for a detailed examination. She may get the X-ray of the area affected/FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) under his/her guidance to reach the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you any more concerns. If you have no further query, please rate the answer after closing the discussion

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.