Noticed hard lump on the inside of labia minor, not painful. Getting over yeast infection. Suggest?

Hello, I have noticed a small hard lump on the inside of my labia minor, in line with The urethral opening, it is not painful. It may have a slight red hue, but is hard to tell. I am recently getting over a yeast infection. Is this serious?
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later
A small pain less lump near the urethral opening can be due to many reasons.The most common reasons can be-
1. Vaginal inclusion cysts or bartholin's cyst
2. Gartner's duct cysts.
3. Folliculitis - due to an infected hair follicle. Usually has pus inside and needs an antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug for treatment.
4. Sebaceous cyst- due to a blocked sebaceous gland. The secretions start collecting inside and becomes painful. Needs to be surgically removed if infected.
5. Genital warts- due to a viral infection. Some of the simple tests carried out by your gynaecologist will confirm the diagnosis.
A thorough examination is a must for proper diagnosis and treatment.
This is not likely to be related to the yeast infection that you have.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.