Noticed hard lump and aching on leg. Painful to touch. Looking for cure

Nov 2013

Last night my right leg started aching and a lump started forming on my leg about the size of a quarter,but round and hard. Hurts when I stand up, and painful to touch

Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 39 minutes later
Thank you for contacting Healthcare magic.

There are two possibilities-
1. Cellulitis- since you are a diabetic, infection of the sub-dermal tissue causing cellulitis is a possibility. In this condition, there may be warmth over the lump. In addition, it may be reddish and tender to touch. Fever may be present. If these symptoms are there, you may require antibiotics.

2. Small hematoma (blood collection in the soft tissues)- if there is a trivial injury or if you have taken aspirin, this may be a possibility, otherwise no.

As of now, there is no need to worry. You could use anti-inflammatory drugs such as diclofenac or ibuprofen. If it reduces, well and good. If not, you may see your GP.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM