Noticed hard bump on nasal bone between eye and mid nose. Worrisome

ENT Specialist
just noticed small 1-2mm hard bump on nasal bone between eye and mid nose (where eyeglass pad goes. not attached to skin, feels like part of bone. not painful
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. The following conditions need to be ruled out:
a. A bony thickening of the nasal bone due to old trauma, spectacle nose pad related trauma or a bone thickening (osteoma).
b. A chronic dacryocystitis (naso-lacrimal duct block). Do you have epiphora or watering from the eye?
c. A rare cause such as ENt Specialist and an Eye Specialist.

3. You may require CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan in addition to X-rays, a Nasolacrimal Sac Syringing.

4. If all these investigations are normal, there is no cause for worry. I would investigate this as it seems to be only on one side.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.