Noticed hair fall after laser treatment. Suggest

need your help for my baldness from lasr one yr my hair falling is multiplied and from past 2 month I can see the bald patch need your help..
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing to us. From the description provided, you could be having male pattern baldness or androgentic alopecia. It is characterised by gradual hair loss mainly from front, sides and centre of scalp and is also associated with thinning of hair. Now to treat the same we usually prescribe 5 percent minoxidil solution 1ml twice in a day application over scalp A hair supplement with vitamins and minerals like androanagen/follihair new/ adgain, one tablet daily Tablet finesteride 1 mg daily or tablet dutasteride 0.5 mg daily. The medicines need to be continued for four to six months to appreciate decrease in hair fall and increased hair growth. I usually begin with minoxidil and androanagen, if no response is seen in terms of decreased hair fall, I add dutasteride. To help you further, I would appreciate if you could attach an image of your scalp clearly showing your bald areas. Hope this answered your query. Take care
Follow-up: Noticed hair fall after laser treatment. Suggest 17 minutes later
thanks dr for for help here are the attached pic of the baldness pattern please suggest the effective medicine which will stop hair falling and regain it ..will be very thank full for your help ..requesting the medicine effective and available in mumbai
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 29 hours later
Brief Answer: Please read a detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXX, Thanks for writing back. I have seen the images attached. Your hair fall seems to be at advanced stage. So though initially for five to six months I would advise that you start with medicines but ultimately in your case, hair transplant would be the best choice. In patients with hair fall like you,I personally begin with Tablet androanagen one tab daily Tablet fineteride 1 mg daily Minoxidil 10% and aminexil combination solution like hair4u solution 1 ml twice in a day I advise my patients to follow this prescription for atleast 6 months and depending on the response, we decide the next course of action. Even before transplant minoxidil and finesteride intake is advised for better hair growth, so anyhow these medicines should be taken. As I said earlier, hair transplantation would be a definite treatment for you. I would also stress that prior to starting any medicine one should meet a dermatologist nearby for proper hair analysis, medicine supervision and follow up. These are prescription medicines and should definitely be taken under a doctor's guidance. Hope this helped. Take care