Noticed growth on vagina. What could be causing this?

I have found growths in my virgina, started as one that I thought was a polyp now I have I believe to be about 3-4 on the other side. It is hard to tell becouse I am using a mirror and it is up inside of me. I am 49 and went through menopause at 44. Been married to my husband for 30 years (only sex partner)
Posted Wed, 5 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
The growths on the vagina that you describe are likely to be due to vaginal warts or vaginal inclusion cysts. A direct examination by a gynecologist will help in exact diagnosis.
There are different approaches to treatment from the application of topical podophyllotoxin solution to destroy these using cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen) or Electrotherapy (hyfrecator, heat basically) or removal with lasers. These are all office procedures, easily done under local anaesthesia by your local dermatologist.
I would advise you to fix an appointment with your nearest dermatologist/gynecologist & refrain from sexual contact until the problem is resolved or use protection (condom) in the interim.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.