Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed grey spots in urine, told to have UTI, Suggest?

my husband was told he has a UTI, he is 65 yrs old and just noticed grey spots in his urine, What is this?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 1 hour later

Thanks for asking.

Grey Spots in the urine can be XXXXXXX pus, most of the times sometimes if the quantum of the infection is too much it can lead to the grey or the whitish spots.

Change in the PH of the urine with the infection can also lead to slight discoloration with the urine especially if the kidneys are not in very good health and are leaking proteins.

I will advise you to get the urine complete examination along with the culture to get the better insight.

Please let me know if you need more information.