Noticed fluid on vagina after intercourse. Could it be semen or some usual fluid?

Question
During intercourse I feel the semen is not entering fully into my vagina, when we complete our intercourse I see the excessive fluids the vagina.

So I am confused whether it is a semen or some usual fluid.

Kindly clarify.
Posted Thu, 15 Nov 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 23 minutes later
Hello I would be happy to help you with your question.

If your partner is ejaculating IN the vagina, there is no doubt that semen is making it into the vagina and into the top near the cervix. There is significant variation in terms of the volume of semen that different men produce. It is also not unusual for you to notice the semen making its way out as a profuse, but temporary, discharge.

If there is actual concern about your anatomy, then a trip to your OB/GYN would be a great idea!

I hope this helps!!

Follow-up: Noticed fluid on vagina after intercourse. Could it be semen or some usual fluid? 9 minutes later
it is not just seen outside , I feel it is flowing back after intercourse. Is it semen or my vaginal fluid.I worry if it hinders my pregnancy.

Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 46 minutes later
I believe that it is probably a combination of semen and vaginal fluid. And no, this is unlikely to be a problem with conception which can take up to a year.