Noticed fluid leaking from vagina after sex. what can this be?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Why is my vagina still leaking fluid 3 days after sex? I was married to the same guy for 20 years, then celibate for 2 years. I had unprotected sex with a new man once in September, and once this past weekend (same man). I am concerned that I had to wear a pad today because I am leaking. No odor, no itching...but enough leaking to warrant a pad.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to hoprmonal influence.

Detailed Answer:
The leakage of clear watery fluid from the vagina without any signs of infection like foul smell or itching is not worrisome. This can happen due to the hormonal influence on the vaginal mucosa.
This is usually self limiting and subsides on its own in 4-5 days without any treatment. In case the fluid is persistent then do consult your gynecologist for a vaginal swab culture to detect any infection in the area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.