Noticed flat and black area that is painless on the labia minora. What could it be?

I was shaving and noticed an area in the lower part of my labia minora that is flat almost looks black, it is not raised or bumpy.. it's smooth and painless almost looks like an ink spot
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 42 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

With little descriptions about lesion, it seems that you are having hypermelanotic macule, which may be the after result of minor trauma or mild infection in past.

As the lesion is painless, it is not active infection.

As it is in level, it is not growth as you are worrying.

As there is no growth ,it must not be the malignancy.

I think you should not keep your attention to this small idiopathic discolored spot.

I do not think that , it would be harmful.

You keep the area hygienic with the use of antiseptic.

Still, you may consult either dermatologist or gynaecologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Still, if there is any query, you are welcome.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD