Noticed flash light when eyes are closed. Had eye operations detached retinas. What to do?

Hello, Just noting that when I close my right eye (blink) there is is a light like a camera lightbulb flash,everytime I close the eye. have had years of eye operations detached retinas (2) and ongoing treatments.

i understand that the report will be emailed to me. is this report coming from Australian doctors, as when I was looking at page it wouldn't go back so as I could check.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Retinal diseases like retinal tear...

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

It seems from the history that you have provided here that every time you blink your right eye you are experiencing flash similar to light of camera.

This symptom is called as flashes of light and it is seen in conditions affecting the retina.
The conditions are
Retinal tear
Prodromal symptom of retinal detachment.

Since in the history you have mentioned that you had operation for retinal detachment, I advice you to undergo retinal examination by ophthalmologist or preferably by a retina specialist to rule out retinal diseases.

Hope I have answered your query.

Thank you,