Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed flaky skin and small cuts near the base of penis. Could it be an yeast infection?

About a month ago I had used shampoo a few times while showering before realizing it was drying out my penis. I had also been masturbating fairly frequently dry.

Near the base of my penis and on the shaft I have had flakey skin and a few small cuts near the base. My sack also was a little red on one side. If I itch the area the skin then discharges a clear fluid. (Not sure if I rubbed off top layer of skin or whAt because the fluid is not present when I don't itch it)

I had sex maybe two months ago as well and don't know if that is related. Doesn't seem like a yeast infection but am not sure

I just bought some tinactin jock itch powder to try and use.

Any idea what this could be? I can provide pictures if needed

Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The problem is quite confusing however you cannot rule yeast infection because allergy and yeast infection are the most possible causes. for the diagnosis of the exact problem a visit to dermatologist is recommended however it do not seems to have any relation with sex. A topical steroid can be helpful

Follow-up: Noticed flaky skin and small cuts near the base of penis. Could it be an yeast infection? 3 hours later
I will look into that, the fluid on my scrotum from where I itched it last night doesn't really have a smell and is sticky..
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 21 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

The sticky fluid can be discharge or it can be the fluid from the scrotal region but you never get the direct fluids from any area. the skin damage is always associated with infection. better is to send this fluid with cytology