Noticed enlarged lymph nodes and CT scan of neck was negative. What could it be?
User rating for this question
I have noticed soreness and some enlarged lymph nodes for the past few months. The have gotten smaller with antibiotics. I had a ct scan of my neck that was negative of everything. Tonight i felt pain in my right collarbone and felt what i think is lymph node right on the collarbone. It is palpable and about 1cm in diameter. Once i touched it, it stopped hurting.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 6 hours later
Brief Answer: I don't think it is significant. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the query. If the nodes have decreased in size after taking antibiotics, there is no cause for worry. It is better that you have a reassessment with your physician after about a months time. In case the node that you have described now is still persisting, an FNAC ( needle aspiration) can be performed at that time. With the information that you have provided, I don't think there is any cause for worry. However, it is better to have it checked by a doctor just to be sure. Let me know if I can assist you further.
People also viewed
- Ct scan enlarged lymph nodes
- Ct scan lymph node neck submandibular cancer
- When to schedule hyterectomy
- Ct scan neck lymph nodes
- Side effect of salbutamol
- How long to people live with neurofibromatosis
- Ct scan for lymph nodes
- Side effect of propolis
- Reactive lymph nodes ct scan
- How long for tamoxifen to start working
- Usage of flecainide
- Usage of ranitidine
- Side effect of dihydrotestosterone
- How long does a thymectomy take
- How long for tamoxifen to work