Noticed enlarged area under the skin after an endoscopy. What could it be?

I have discovered about a week after an endoscoy and core needle breast biopsy an enlarged area under the skin that is like a small rope, that extends from below the breast that had the biopsy (which was closer to my underarm, negative) about 6 inches long, going from the right breast diagonally towards my naval. It started out as a pea size spot two weeks ago, and has now grown.
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 6 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

I really think the most likely contributing factor to the Simpsons what you are experiencing might be some bleeding which occurred after the biopsy. This sometimes occurs and as the bleeding slowly stops it can create a sense of fullness under the skin.

There may have been some continued bleeding which caused the area to expand.

I would expect this area to slowly resolved over the next couple of weeks.

If this area does not improve or if you develop associated symptoms including pain you should bring this to the attention of your doctor for a clinical examination.

Thanks again for sending your question. I hope my thoughts have proved to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns or questions I would be happy to discuss those further with you.

Dr Robert