Noticed dry skin behind ear. Using peroxide and applying neosporen. How to prevent this?

Question
My skin behind my ear has recently gotten extremely dry. Right in the crease where your ear connections to your head has started passing. I have never experienced this. I use peroxide to clean it then apply neosporen and gold bond lotion to the remainder of the dry area. What is the cause and what can I do to prevent this?
My apologies, my iPad changed the verbiage. I meant where your ear connects to your head has started pussing.
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Dry Skin

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The site you mentioned is very prone for fungal infections and the description of the lesion you gave also fits into a fungal patch.

I would like to have a look at the lesion for better understanding , if possible please do upload a image of the lesion you have.This could help me to advice specifically.

Waiting for the image,

Follow-up: Noticed dry skin behind ear. Using peroxide and applying neosporen. How to prevent this? 1 hour later
Picture uploaded

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later

Thanks for the images.

The lesion you have is very typical as seen in fungal infections with super-added bacterial infection.

Application of Micanazole ointment along with Neosporin powder or ointment will surely cure the infection without causing any complications.

Its better to apply Micanazole ointment in the nights and neosporin in the mornings.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Noticed dry skin behind ear. Using peroxide and applying neosporen. How to prevent this? 59 minutes later
Thank you! What is micanazole?

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Micanazole is a antifungal medication available in cream or ointment form.

It very potent medications amongst.