Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed dry patches on penis and discharge under foreskin. Noticed swollen foreskin after sex. What to do?

Question
My boyfriend last week,noticed dry patches on his penis and a discharge under this foreskin, then chemist advised this could be type of thrush and gave him a cream to apply, which cleared it up.

The only thing he has left is a small XXXXXXX on the join of his foreskin, looks like a cut that hasn't got all the way through the skin, but isn't painful.

We had sex for the first time in a week last night and straight after his foreskin swelled up, he can still roll it back but it looks red and swollen on the end but more so viasable when he pulls it back.

What could this be?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer...this is due to the trauma caused by sexual act on the partially healed foreskin.
Detailed answer....
Generally thrush infection is not completely cleared even if it looks healed up apparently.Anti fungal cream should be kept on applying for at least 10-14 days after the apparent healing.
Carry on with your local application and try to avoid sex for another 10 -14 days,till every thing heals up.
After two weeks,you may use condom for initial few days,to be on safe side.
I hope it helps ,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks