Noticed dizziness and weakness after donating blood. Blood pressure 188/80. Taking Vitalopram. Have arthritis & joint pain. Suggestions?

My blood pressure taken 9-25-13 before donating blood was 105/53 & pulse was 58. Had been a little dizzy that day. Next day normal reading. Last nite got a little dizzy. Very, Very tired the whole day. Napped helped a little. Today pressure on my temples. Feet tinglely Previous back problems Just not feeling well, tired. Took blood pressure with wrist XXXXXXX 188/80 pulse 71. I am 70 years old & very physically active all my life, & have always eaten healthfully & drank correct amount of water.. I started smoking 3 years ago (life got in the way.). I drink 2 glasses of wine when I get home from work. Recptionist accounting firm. I am 5ft 7 & weigh 139.. Synthroid 175mcg;Vitalopram 20 mg 1x a day. Fluyicasone propionate 2sprays a day. 1 Bupropion Hci at night. Did not take it last nite though. & when my blood pressure on the 25th was low, I hadn't taken my Citalopram. I have arthritis & joint pain. Any suggestions as to what is going on? osteopinea also.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
The cause appears to be stress

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms you have may not be related to blood pressure variation or side effect of any of the medication you are on.

Stress usually presents with such blood pressure readings and non specific symptoms like you have.

I suggest you to practice mind relaxation exercises like yoga or meditation.

Get the blood pressure examined on three consecutive days when you are symptom free to record your exact considerable blood pressure reading.