Noticed discolouration on scrotum. Cracks appeared after itching. Could it be jock itch fungus infection?

Hello i have had for over 8 years an issue with my genitals. Only on the scrotum. Its right in the center and is discolored, white in the center,very itchy mostly in the am and also pm. When I itch it it feels so good then it gets real flaky and white, only in the center of the scrotum. I heard jock itch fungus infection ect ect. If i scratch it to much it cracks. to describe the itch the pain after feels better than the itch. I tried everything. It doesnt spread just stays in the same place. Thank you, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 19 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 10 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The lesions which you are describing can be lichen simplex chronicus, contact dermatitis, fungal infection,psoriasis etc.

Can you upload photos of the affected scrotal skin?

Photos would be very helpful in predicting the condition.

“You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.” Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “Attention to Dr. Sudarshan”.

Till than you can take tablet zyrtec for itching and apply calamine lotion over the skin.

Hope this helps.

Anticipating your response.