Noticed discoloration after treating rashes in groin area. How to treat this?

Hi doc,
I had rash in my groin area in the past(3 yrs back) and I took treatment for that.After that the rash disappeared,but, it left some discoloration(black) in my groin area.Would you please suggest me some medicine to treat this discoloration.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Ive gone through the images.It seems you have tinea cruris.It is a fungal infection common in males of your age group.
Though the infection has reduced it is still not completely cured.Also healed areas have left post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

Now my advise to you would be-
Apply Eumosone M cream at night time daily.
Use ABZORB powder in the day time,daily after the bath.
Use Kz soap for bathing.
Keep the area clean and dry.
The pigmentation will reduce slowly,it may take 3-6 weeks.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.
If you need any further clarification feel free to ask .
Follow-up: Noticed discoloration after treating rashes in groin area. How to treat this? 12 days later
Hi sir,

I have been using the medicines prescribed by you for 2 weeks. As of now I haven't seen much difference.Should I continue using the same and wait for some time, or do I need to change any of the medicines.Please suggest me any changes.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 24 hours later
Hi again,
You can continue using the same cream .Pigmentation usually takes atleast 1 month to go.
Also you can apply a good quality moisturizer like elovera cream to lighten the area.
Also apply Eumosone Mcream once in night and use Betnovate cream at day time.Betnovate should be applied in small it is a potent cream . Apply it over dark areas only.
Continue this for 1 month.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.