Noticed dime size black and blue spots on abdomen. What should be done?

Aug 2012

I saw a dime size black and blue XXXXXXX on my abdomen 3 weeks ago and now it appeqars to be the size of a quarter
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 3 hours later
Thank you for the query.
What you are describing seems to be excess platelet inhibition by the aspirin you are using everyday. For this age (73 years) it is a common problem- you need that anti-platelet agent like aspirin, at the same time some excess action is noticed. The solution for this is taking aspirin one on alternate days. If you see the patch growing in size, and spread of the rash, then please make sure you see a dermatologist. If you are a known case of cardiovascular disease then please make sure to consult your Cardiologist before reducing the dose of the aspirin. But if it is given to you on general preventive basis then reduction to one tablet on alternate day is absolutely recommended till you rash disappears.
I hope this helps you. Take care.