Noticed dehydrated facial skin after using bar soap. What is the cure?

my face skin is so dehydrated after I used a bar soap during the shower.and become dry . how to get rid of.those bad effects from my face. please recommend me any good products for me. one of my friend told me to use Dove Face wash dehydrate care.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Care of dry skin Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem. You seem to have an excessive dry skin. Now such a dry skin needs special care in man aspects. Winters can be particularly challenging as they tend to exacerbate the dryness of skin. You should avoid the use of normal bathing bar soaps of the face. You can instead use moisturizing and hydrating face washes or soaps. Yes, dove is definitely a good option but there are other such products in the market as well. But you should avoid excessive washing of face since it tends to remove the natural face oils as well. Do not use any exfoliating face washes or scrubs over your face. Salicylic or glycolic acid containing creams or face washes is a total no in your case. Avoid using any harsh chemicals over your face. You are much more likely than normal people to react to such products.Ceramide containing face washes is a good option. Opt for hydrating creams with extra moisture such as the body shop hydrating creams. You can reapply these every few hours over your face. Using baby oil over the face is another good option. Petroleum , glycerine and Vaseline containing moisturisezs are great for dry skin. Remember to use a sunscreen regularly before going out in the sun as sunlight tends to increase the dryness of skin. Use a sunscreen with a spf of atleast more than 26. In the end you need to remember that every persons skin type is different and it is inbuilt and inherited. You cannot change ones skin type. You can only take care of the skin according to the type of skin, so as to make it better. Hope it helps, If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul.