Noticed dark spot like mole on penis. Worried it might be melonoma. What can be done?

Excellent
Question
Hello, I noticed small mole like dark brown dot (approx. 2mm size) on my main penis shaft year ago now I am worried that it got little bit darker and bigger? I am maybe mistaken and exaggerating, but I am worried that it could be melanoma I ve attached picture

I forgot to add that it is almost flat
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 2 hours later
Hi and thank you for being with Healthcare Magic!

There are alot of penile skin lesions ranging from benign , pre-malignant and malignant lesions. In order to determine the nature of the disease a doctor needs to do a complete physical examination and if deemed necessary might do a skin biopsy for definitive diagnosis.

Malignant melanomas is a type of skin cancer that primarily grows on sun exposed areas and it is rare in the penis although not impossible. Melanomas are rapid growers and spread on adjacent areas. I believe you said that your penile skin lesion is slowly growing then it may be safe to rule out melanoma. I still would suggest seeking consult to a Urologist for a proper. physical examination.

Penile cancer more often than not presents as non-healing wounds or ulcers that doesnt heal. It mostly occurs on uncircumcised males and biopsy is often needed to determine if a lesion is benign or malignant.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at:

WWW.WWWW.WW

I would gladly help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Noticed dark spot like mole on penis. Worried it might be melonoma. What can be done? 27 minutes later
thanks for your answer, I also would like to note that I have same thing two or more on under penis shaft but this one is on top side and its little bit more dark, so maybe you are right they are just moles or its lentigo?

Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Good day!

Yes, I would think they are probably benign lesions (like moles or lentigo), but I would still recommend seeing a Urologist for a proper evaluation.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: WWW.WWWW.WW I would gladly help you.

Best wishes