Noticed dark, cloudy and foul smelling urine after drinking alcohol. Take flagyl to clear the problem. Suggest

why when I drink achol i develope cloudy dark urine and foul smelling urine. people can smell the odor lower stomach becomes hard and I can feel myself urinating...i normally take flagyl and the problem clear up but lately that does not work as fast and as well. i wont to be able to drin achol again
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
acetaldehyde is the culprit

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Alcohol is first converted into acetaldehyde by 1st enzyme and then to acetic acid by the 2nd enzyme. In many people there is a deficiency of the 2nd enzyme and then there is accumulation of excess amount of acetaldehyde which leads to this kind of bad smell and discomfort.
There are not much options available. Drink plenty of water to dilute the urine and drink soberly.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.