Noticed dark circular bump near urethra. Having burning sensation after urination. What to do?

Jul 2012

This morning I noticed a dark circular area/bump near my urethra. I recently went for STD testing (which came back negative) but have been sexually active sense. I would just like to know what this could be. I had been having some burning with urination (why I got the STD testing done). I have noticed this off and on since. I thought this could be from just not drinking enough water. Also, I have what seems to be a rash on my chest, and am noticing similar pustules on my face. I thought this could be heat rash. It looks like very small pimples with white heads, and there is a burning sensation if they are popped. In addition, I have had a lot of gas in the form of belching. I have attached pictures of the bump. Just would like to know what this could be and if I should got see a doctor.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hello there,

I note your detailed history with interest but it does not state how long this lesion has been there, when it started & the evolution of the same.

I have looked at the photograph (that is a touch blurry am afraid) & it is suggestive of some sort of 'balanitis' or inflammation state. This may have a variety of causes most commonly a fungal infection &/or 'friction' related. It may have to do with your sexual practices, which again have not been detailed.

You may try a topical cream containing a cortisone-antifungal combination that your local chemist could help you out with. I find plenty of water/fluids will help you flush out any mild urethral infection or burning sensation.

The gas, belching et al may be some sort of gastric discomfort unrelated but both this & the pimples may respond to a simple antibiotic called metronidazole. Please get it prescribed by your Good Luck.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India