Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed curve in penis. Will it be cured by using traction devices?

Critical Care Specialist
Hi, I have a question about my erection (see pic). It's been curved downwards as long as I can remember. I actually believe it's from growing up wearing briefs and always having my penis pointed downward- it just grew that way. Even though I'm married and have 2 kids its something that has bothered me greatly my entire life. I want to know if there is anything I can do other than surgery to correct it? I've researched the traction devices available online that claim to sure curves but I am skeptical. Any ideas?
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 2 hours later
We still recommend the surgery would be the most definitive treatment. However traction devices could be used but with less chances of help. There is a new drug called xiaflex can be used to correct that but again their chances are less helpful that surgical treatment.

Let me know for additional queries.

Follow-up: Noticed curve in penis. Will it be cured by using traction devices? 4 hours later
Thanks for the reply Dr Ghaly! I saw xiaflex online but it was always mentioned for use with Pyronies- which I don't believe I have as my erections have been this way since I can remember having erections- it's not something that occured later in life. Could xiaflex still be of use?
Answered by Dr. Ghaly 13 hours later
If it has been life long like that then to be honest the surgical correction would be the most reliable solution for it. This medicine has limited use.