Noticed crease in ear lobe. Have mitral valve prolapse. Indication of heart disease or coronary blockage?

Hi, I am a 53 yr. old woman and noticed a crease in my earlobe today. I have read where that is an indication of heart disease or coronary blockage. I am not a smoker, not overweight and don't drink. I am 5ft 6 and weigh 124lbs. My cholesterol was just checked and was 189. I do have mitral valve prolapse and PVC's and SVT. I take Tenormin and have since about age 23. I have been trying to walk about two miles 3 times a week or more. My Dad had blockage and had the angioplasty twice. He died 10yrs ago, but not from heart related problems. He died from pneumonia. I just had an echo on my heart about two weeks ago and the heart dr. said my mitral valve was moderate and was about the same as last year and said I was doing good. I want to know if I should be worried about this crease in my ear and what kind of tests I would need to have done to find out if I do have coronary issues?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Maintain your risk factors with in normal limits.

Detailed Answer:

I had gone through your query and understand your concern. There are no robust evidence to link earlobe creases and heart disease and some have not. What ever is found is not conclusive too. Therefore I wouldn't be concerned with earlobe crease in any of my patients.

My advice is to control of proven risk factors and do not confuse your self with these contradictory studies. Your Electrocardiogram report is also normal. Keep your cholesterol and weight within normal limit. Continue a healthy life style. Follow up regularly with your cardiologist to keep SVT's under control. You should be able to keep a healthy heart.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries.