Noticed cracks on foreskin after CABG operation. Cleaned with Betadine solution. Any other treatment?

Hi Dr,
after my CABG operation i startd getting cracks on my foreskin with white powder like.So i cleaned with Betadine solution and applied Betadine oinment.It works fine but after 2 or 3 days it re appears again.Is there any treatment for this.Pls. advice.
with regards XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Control diabetes, and you should get better

Detailed Answer:
This is a rather common feature among diabetic patients. In fact, about 5-10% of diabetic patients get recognized as having diabetes when they approach a family physician for a cracked foreskin, and the doctor promptly asks for blood sugar levels which are elevated.
The good news is that this condition improves dramatically with better control of blood sugar levels. This almost certainly has no relation to your post-op CABG status, and for the moment I suggest you continue doing what you have been doing diligently, which is ensuring local hygiene.
Some people however might find that the skin has become so thick and cracked that we do advise circumcision for them, which is a simple surgery provided the cardiologists say you can stop your anti-platelet drugs (i.e. Clopitab )which might cause increased bleeding.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Follow-up: Noticed cracks on foreskin after CABG operation. Cleaned with Betadine solution. Any other treatment? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr.
Is there any specified ointment for this to control.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
What you have been using is fine

Detailed Answer:
What you have been using is fine. Betadine ointment is as good as any other, more expensive ointments, but some urologists may prefer trying ointments which contain Hydrocortisone. I suggest you avoid this for the moment, and if your cracked foreskin is really troubling you, get the simple surgery done which is circumcision.