Noticed cough and chest tightness after taking Microgynon. Having pain in lower belly. Chest infection? Side effects of medicine?

I have recently started taking Microgynon (i'm on day 19) and I have noticed that I have a bit of a cough and my chest feels a it tight. I though that it might be a chest infection but I have had the cough for over a week and it isn't the kind of cough that I would normally have with a chest infection. I have also started noticing pains in my lower belly - not like normal stomach cramps a bit sharper. Could any f this be a side effect of taking the tablets?
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Some of those complaints that you are giving could be because of the pill. Please contact your doctor for a physical examination and if required a change of the pill.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics