Noticed congested and erect nipple during sensual feelings. Is there any problem?

hi dr. since last 3 or 4 days i am noticing difference in one of my nipple while erection... i am very tensed can you plz advise is it normal.... as there is no pain and any lumps in the breast.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 41 minutes later
There is spongy erectile tissue in the areola and the nipple which gets congested and erect during sensual feelings.
There can be a constitutional difference on the two sides, which would remain fixed.
If there is recent change of symmetry, then there may be a local pathology underneath or there can be just a retracted nipple due to some new ill fitting garment.
I would advise you to palpate the breast deeply if you can feel any lump.
If nothing much can be felt then you should manipulate it from base outwards to stretch to previous size thrice a day, it should resolve the problem in 3-4 days but if the problem persist then you should consult a physician of the locality.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Please close the query if you have no other questions.
Wish you a good health.