Noticed clear liquid oozing from but crack. What can this be?

For years I have had issues with sweating in my but crack. This time it has become irritated enough to cause some sort of clear liquid to ooze... it won't stop. I am obviously very embarrassed about this and would prefer not to see a doctor in person. is there anything I can do from home?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fungal infection due to excess sweating Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now the problem that you are having is quite a common one. The main reason for your problem is excessive sweating in the gluteal cleft. Now this sweating predisposed to the development of fungal infections in the region. The most common problem which occurs due to excessive sweating is candidiasis of the gluteal cleft region. This further leads to discharge from the area making it more moist. There can development of cracks in skin which be painful and itchy in nature. Now first of all, you need to keep the affected part clean and dry. Wear cotton undergarments so as to reduce sweating. Do not apply any kind of oils or moisturizers over the affected area. Just wash with plain water, dry the affected area and apply an antifungal cream like clotrimazole twice a day. You should use it atleast for two weeks regularly so as to completely cure the infection. Early discontinuation of the agent will result in recurrence of infection. Hope it helps If you need any clarifications, please ask. Dr Geetika Paul.