Noticed circular bruise with a hard white centre. Is this serious?

Question
I have a 2 inch circular bruise with a hard white center ... Had it for four days ... Gradually got bigger and aches a little...is it serious?
Posted Thu, 25 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query
First of all I want to know
1. The site of the bruise?
2. Cause of the bruise, if known?
Usually a painful and white coloured bruise at the center indicates an infection. If you have fever or raised local area temperature than you surely needs a course of effective antibiotic with anti-inflammatory drugs.
In rare cases and severe infection the bruise may need minor surgery called Incision and Drainage, if left untreated in starting stage.

In my opinion you must consult your doctor and rule out any kind of infection. And if it is present than take a proper course of antibiotic as per advise.
Hope you got answer to your query. Write back if have further query.
Dr. Kulbir Singh
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Noticed circular bruise with a hard white centre. Is this serious? 1 hour later
I don't know how I got the bruise... It's a little sore right on the whitish part in the center .. No fever no cut ..
Oh it's on my left arm four inches above my wrist.

Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 7 hours later
Hello and thanks again for the query
As you so not know the cause, it can be an insect bite and can be resolve by itself in next few days. But if your pain increases and you feel any fever. Than immediately consult your doctor, he may prescribe you a course of antibiotic.
Hope you got your answer. Write again if you have any other query.
Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh
WWW.WWWW.WW