Noticed circular bruise or skin discoloration on chin. Tried lotrimin and hydrocortisone. Concerned

Dermatologist
Question
Circular bruise or skin discoloration on chin non raised slightly red dine sized spot. Been there for over a month. It's not itchy or painful just unsightly. I've tried lotrimin and hydrocortisone. Can't find anything similar online. It just appeared one day and stays the same. It's less noticeable in the morning and seems to be visible more at night
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 10 hours later
hello
thanks for posting your query
you have given a goo description of your problem.
there are couple of differential diagnosis
this could be a localized lichen planus, or localized atypical pityriasis rosea
I need to view the photos before I could comment further. can you up load and send?
I will review
good day
Prasad PVS

Follow-up: Noticed circular bruise or skin discoloration on chin. Tried lotrimin and hydrocortisone. Concerned 14 minutes later
Single spot under bottom lip on chin

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 39 minutes later
hello
I am sorry that still I cant exactly comment on the lesion without photographs. But, now I also think in terms of drug reaction which could have occurred one month ago. Were you on any medications earlier like antibiotics, or pain killers etc, Did you notice after taking some pills. can you remember?
will get back
Prasad PVS