Noticed change in color of bowel movement and feeling dizzy. Any advise?

Infertility Specialist
Over this last week I have noticed my output being XXXXXXX and now Ive started to feel dizziness. Please advise
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 2 hours later

Presence of XXXXXXX coloured stools and dizziness seems unrelated.

I understand the XXXXXXX coloured stools are worrying you; but clinically I am not concerned.

1. XXXXXXX colored stools can be caused by excess of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables in the diet- , if you are taking too much of broccoli in your dinner, you can have these symptoms.

2. XXXXXXX coloured stools can be due to altered biliary metabolism in your body. Presence of bile pigments imparts a XXXXXXX colour to the stool. If you do not have other features of jaundice say yellowish discoloration of conjunctiva or skin, it needs not further medical attention.

I suggest you to wait and watch. Usually the stools become normal in a few days. You can get your stool tested along with liver profile test if symptoms persist. Meantime, please modify your diet chart.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if there are other concerns.