Noticed bumps, open sores on waist line releasing clear fluid. Could this be herpes?

About three weeks ago I had protected sex. I can't tell if these bumps were present before but I did notice them after. They are just on my waist line below my belly button. They began as two but over the past weeks have increased in number now 7. I went to the clinic and was told though is resembles herpes it is not herpes as I did not report any feelings of pain. They only hurt when I touch the open sores or my boxers rub on the or when I shower. I requested a hsv1&2 bloodtest which came out negative. These spots are tiny red bumps that eventually release a clear fluid then dry up. They have been there for almost a month now and I'm getting worried. I'm worried this could be herpes and will like a second opinion. I can send pictures if needed. Thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is not typica of herpers Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I have read the information you have provided. I Have also had the chance to review the image you have uploaded. These lesions are not typical of herpes infection. Herpes infection goes through similar stages but continue to produce ulcers and only heal later. They are very painful and aggravated with touc. The bases are often deep red and clean. These bumps resemble a hair follicle infection or a skin infection.if you had the chances to shave recently, then this could explain why. Even without having shaved, these are infections that can still possible. The content of the fluid is infectious and this is the more reason why the germs go on to infect other close areas and gradually increase in number. The best thing to do is to treat this as a skin infection. some antibiotics and regular location cleansing with a disinfectant would ensure that no bacteria gets the chance to cause another bump. Please talk to your doctor to get these done as I cannot prescribe medications over the internet. I wish you well and hope this helps. thanks for using our services and please do feel free to request for further clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Noticed bumps, open sores on waist line releasing clear fluid. Could this be herpes? 1 hour later
I did state that these sores begun to appear about 3weeks ago. The first two appeared and over the past weeks the others appeared and erupted. No new sores have come up and the picture shows the current state of the sores. They are now healing n clotting. Will this extra information be helpful in diagnosis or you still stand on the fact of not being an std
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not an STD! Detailed Answer: Thanks for following up with me. The information, description of the lesions and the evolution alongside the image you provided are in no way suggestive of and STD. If they are healing without any new ones, then just observe over the next days and make sure it all gets settled. Otherwise, there is no need to worry. I wish you well and feel free to ask for more clarifications if need be. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Noticed bumps, open sores on waist line releasing clear fluid. Could this be herpes? 12 minutes later
Thank you. Will keep you updated
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are welcome! Detailed Answer: Thank you too. Would wait on your updates! Dr. Ditah, MD