Noticed bumps on vagina after having oral sex. Should I be worried for STD?

Question
I had oral sex for the first time Tuesday. Two days later I noticed small bumps on my vagina that hurt when I poke or try to touch them. Also, I have been feeling under the weather and my discharge is a reddish brown color. I'm not burning when peeing. I believe it's a STD, but I've been prone to have ingrown pubic hairs as well. Help?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 23 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us on health care magic.

Your symptoms of small bumps on vagina which are painful suggests herpes infection.
Genital herpes is a common, highly infectious disease caused by a virus that infects genital areas. Genital herpes cannot be cured. But medications can be prescribed to treat outbreaks and minimize the symptoms.
Antiviral drugs helps to large extent. You need to consult your Gynecologist for the prescription.
I recommend you to:
1. Avoid excessive heat or sunlight, which makes the irritation more uncomfortable;
2. Not use perfumed or antibacterial soaps, feminine deodorant, or douches;
3. Wear comfortable, loose fitting cotton clothing.
4. Keep the area dry. Avoid moisture.
5. Practice safe sex. Use barrier contraceptives to prevent transmission of other STD infection.
6. Get a STD profile done.

Hope this helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Noticed bumps on vagina after having oral sex. Should I be worried for STD? 7 hours later
It couldnt possible be anything else?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 13 minutes later
thanks for the follow up.

Yes, It could also be due to the effect of an allergen.
Usually genital organs are very sensitive to allergens like lubricant, deodorant, soap or douches.
Please avoid all these allergens and get a STD profile.
I suggest you to consult your Gynecologist for physical examination and proper diagnosis.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask follow up clarifications.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Noticed bumps on vagina after having oral sex. Should I be worried for STD? 6 minutes later
Before the oral sex I used a feminine wash that ive never used before. Could my vagina be reacting to that? Also, the bumps feel like they're going away.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 39 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX.

Exactly. Since your lesions are healing with a history of using faminine wash, it could be a allergic reaction.
Avoid using the same henceforth. Take an antihistamine like cetrizine to reduce the allergic reaction.
Good that you recovering.
regards,
Dr Nilofer