Noticed bumps on the back of upper thighs and buttocks. What can be this?

HI there, I was recently in Florida and noticed I got bumps on the back of my upper thighs and buttocks ..that looked like goosebumps...I am familiar with Keratosis pylaris..and I do not have it....and this just came on suddenly....I am 50 years old..and I highly doubt I can get KP now...this was 2 weeks ago..and I still have it...I am going to the dermatologist but appt is 2 weeks out.
I also got IGH last one day they appeared on my legs..and I do know that it was all that day..because I have had the blessing of clear skin...and then you this case you think its related to my current issue..thanks!
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 2 hours later

Keratosis pilaris is a fairly common skin condition characterized by the appearance of bumps like goose bumps on hairy parts of the body especially on the back and outer sides of the arm and less frequently the forearm, the thighs and buttocks.
It is genetic disease and its bumps are usually white or red, and generally do not hurt or itch. It turns to be favored by dry skin and is associated with a family history in some cases.

However, KP turns to affect quite a small number of adults especially after 30-40 years. There is no precise treatment for KP and current treatment makes use of salicylic acid or retinoids in a bit to clear keratin which is deposited in the bumps.

Other conditions that could present in a similar way as KP include
-Acne vulgaris.
-Atopic dermatitis.
-Keratosis follicularis (Darier's disease)
-Milia etc.

It will be necessary to XXXXXXX the dermatologist for a review and for the appropriate diagnosis.

Meanwhile, you could apply moisturizing lotions and avoid to traumatized area.

Hope this answers your query. If you have more query please, do not hesitate, i will be waiting to response.

Best regards