Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bumps on penis only during erection. Worried for herpes or hpv?

I seem to have these small bumps show up on my penis but only when erect. They are only on the head of the penis. What could this be. I'm terrified it is herpes or hpv.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 30 hours later
Firstly I would like to assure these are not warts( HPV infection) or herpes. These are sexually transmitted infections which are quite visible whether penis is erect or not. So if not seen when penis is not erect, it cannot be wart or herpes.
These asymptomatic lesions which only occur when the penis is erect or engorged could be sweat glands, sebaceous glands or hair follicles that become prominent and the phenomenon is quite normal seen in many males.
I would advise you not to worry about these and continue with your daily routine.
Hope that helps!. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.

PS should there be no query, we may close the discussion.