Noticed bumps and lots of veins in throat. Feeling tired and shaky. How to get relief?

there are orange bumps and lots of veins in my throat its not sore but not right either .. im tired and a little shaky but im not feeling very ill
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

The changes you're seeing in your throat are most likely related to a mild viral infection.

This is a very common occurrence and in your case I am sure that your symptoms will slowly resolve within the next 2 to 4 days. In the meantime it is important for you to otherwise help support your immune system.

Supporting your immune system would involve eating a very well-balanced diet. Mild exercise is also good for your immune system even if you're not feeling completely well. Also you want to make sure that you get adequate sleep.

If you're having significant discomfort I would suggest that you take Tylenol or ibuprofen to alleviate the symptoms. Also it is very important that you maintain good hydration.

Again I am confident that your symptoms will slowly resolve over the next several days. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to review those with you.

Dr. Robert