Noticed bump close to anal opening. Noticed fatty looking stuff on cloth. Cause and cure?

Jul 2016

The other day I noticed a bump beside my anal cavity right beside the hole.. I thought it was a bummp or ingrown hair so I attempted to pop it.. once I did it got a little larger. This morning I showered and as I was washing I looked on the wash cloth and noticed I small .5inch long piece of fatty looking stuff. It worried me and now I'm here
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed a Perianal Abscess by the side of Anal opening.

However this can be confirmed by clinical examination and Proctoscopic examination by a General Surgeon.

You may need to get it incised and drained under anaesthesia.
Since this is potentially a dirty area it takes long time for healing.
Get it cleaned and dressed everyday.

Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline along with anti inflammatory medication Diclofenac twice daily after discussion with your family Physician.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.