Noticed bulging disc in neck. Getting pain in head, hands, feet and chest. Negative for lyme disease. Worried

Jan 2013

Hi I'm 21 and had a car wreck 5 mths ago since then I have found I have a bulging disc in my neck. I have for the last 2 months been experiencing sudden onset of horrific pain in my head, hands, feet ears and back. Today it's in my chest. My initial bloodworm showed nothing, negative for Lyme disease no vitamin deficiencies, I have been to a rheumatologist which also came up negative, so far chocolate and the son brings an attack on and I also have extreme night sweats and sweat all the time
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later

Our body has such a built that after any injury if bone is broken or dislocated then only you can feel some bulge.

After car wreck if you are feeling some bulge in neck then it must be bony in origin not a disc which is soft in consisteency.

Do you have some neck instability and pian at the site of injury? Any type of bony injury may cause instablility and pain.

Involvement of spinal cord at neck levelmay involve pain fibres and motor fibres of all 4 limbs and may cause pain. In neck, sympathetic fibres are also present and involvement of autonomic fibres may affect sweating.

You should consult with neurosurgeon/ neurophysician. You should go for CT/ MRi scan of cervical spine. MRI is best.

Let me know your views and result of prescribed investigation.

Get well soon,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava