Noticed bubbles on the arch of foot. What is causing this and cure to be done?

My 15 1/2 year old daughter has "bubbles" on the inside of each instep / arch of both feet. Between 2 - 4 bubbles....Why are these there?
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
The bubbles that you can see on the arch of her foot are likely to be blisters.
These can be due to photodermatitis, foot blisters or fibromas. When a foot is hot and sweaty, the sock sticks to the foot. The sock and foot then rub against each other and the inside of the shoe causing blisters to appear. Plantar fibromas are firm, nodular masses which occur as a single mass or in clusters on the arches of the foot.

Wear shoes that fit properly and keep feet as dry as possible. Wearing wet shoes, boots and socks will increase the chance of developing blisters. So change socks regularly.
And use foot powder to help keep the feet dry. If the blisters still persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist/podiatrist. Meanwhile you can apply topical antiseptic cream like neosporin on the affected area.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Noticed bubbles on the arch of foot. What is causing this and cure to be done? 39 minutes later
These I can assure you are not blisters but appear to "bulge" like an air bubble from plantar veins??? Your response is not correct please review above and advise
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
If these are not blisters then fibromas are likely.
A direct examination of the area is an integral part of diagnosis.
You can upload a good quality picture of the bulges on the query page right hand side. This will help in better diagnosis.
Awaiting your response.