Noticed bruise on the left side of abdomen. What could this be?

I awoke this morning with an unexplained bruise on the left side of my abdomen.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 29 minutes later
Bruising of the skin may occur either due to trauma or XXXXXXX hemorrhage.You can get an abdominal ultrasound done to rule out the possibility of any internal bleeding.
Another possible cause is bruising due to bleeding in the skin in the peri menaopausal age group.It happens due to lack of collagen.Esp if you are overweight,it may happen.
If thats the cause,you need not worry.Just get an ultrasound to rule out any acute cause.