Noticed bruise on skin after showering. Having frequent urination. Proper diagnosis?

Weird stuff with my skin... It keeps sticking together and then bruising - not because of sweat as it happens after showering, in air conditioning, etc. also frequent urination and I am 36 and in full menopause (early hysterectomy at 23). Don't know if any one symptom has to do with the rest, but thought I'd throw it all out there
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 4 hours later

Bruising in the skin could be associated with problems in the coagulation cascade; since you have had both gastric surgery as well as intestinal resection, you would be at increased risk of nutritional deficiencies and malabsorbtion; particularly Vitamin K which is necessary for normal clotting. Your physician could obtain some basic laboratory tests: complete blood count, INR, and PTT to get a general picture of your coagulation cascade.

Hope this helps with your query,

Dr Brenes-Salazar
Department of XXXXXXX Medicine
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases
Mayo Clinic, Minnesota