Noticed bruise around neck and hip, having pain above belly button. Concerned

I was the driver in a car accident. The airbag deployed, I have bruises all around my neck. But what scares me is Im having bad pain above the belly button, and a huge bruise on my right side above my hip which is swollen too...I look pregnant...please help
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

If the accident is a recent event, I would ask you to rush to the emergency room where you may have to get a post traumatic exploratory ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis done. This is done to rule out any silent XXXXXXX organ injury. There could be silent internal bleeding without many symptoms, only to present with life threatening shock after few hours.

Do not wait and do not try to compress your abdomen unless XXXXXXX injuries are ruled out by the scan.

Hope I answered you.

Wish you good health.