Noticed bruise and on and off pain on lower back. Should I be worried or it is just muscle pain?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I have been having some pain and balloon feeling on and off for a month or 2 on my right side, went to the doc and he said probably muscles pain… now 4 days ago I have a bruise (very dark in color) on my right side the size of a quarter and some pain on and offon that side and lower back. Should I be worried or it is just muscle pain?
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
According to your description there is possibility for liver disease.
As you are having:
Right sided abdominal pain where the liver will be located.
Presence of bruise which may be because of decreased production of clotting factors due to liver disease.
Though this is only a possibility better to get examined, so that any possible disease can be detected early and treatment can be taken.
You can consult physician or gastroenterologist for this.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Noticed bruise and on and off pain on lower back. Should I be worried or it is just muscle pain? 7 minutes later
if I press right below my right rib cage, it's hurt and it fell like swollen. Is it where my liver is? The bruise is more down and to the right of the pain.
Thank you for your help

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 45 minutes later
Yes, that is the position where liver will be located.
Reference picture: WWW.WWWW.WW The bruise can occur anywhere in the body.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Noticed bruise and on and off pain on lower back. Should I be worried or it is just muscle pain? 15 minutes later
so should I go and see my doc? last time I went he said it was a muscle pain...but I didn't have a briuse.
Thanks and have a great day XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Better to consult your doctor once and discuss the possibility of liver disease with him.