Noticed brown spot on the border of cornea, doesn't hurt, no vision changes. What is it?

Ophthalmologist
Question
I just found a brown spot on the border of cornea. It doesnt hurt%252C no vision changes%2521 What is it%253F I washed my eye with water but it didnt go%2521
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 37 minutes later
Dear XXXXX
Thanks fo sending your query to us .
My first impression is that this spot was there and you saw it just now.
In case if this is so then this will not need any treatment.
In case this was not there and has grown just now and is not causing any symptom then we just wait and watch and see how it progresses.
Do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.

Follow-up: Noticed brown spot on the border of cornea, doesn't hurt, no vision changes. What is it? 19 minutes later
Both my eyes are feeling dry and it definitely wasnt there before today%21 And i already have slight vision problem like having number%2C in tht eye for years%21 So what may cause that spot%3F

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
My Dear,
thanks for getting back to us.
I am sure you are using lubricant drops for your dryness.
This may be conuctival melanosis for which no treatment is needed.
we will just wait and watch and if it progresses then please get back to me.

Thank You,

Follow-up: Noticed brown spot on the border of cornea, doesn't hurt, no vision changes. What is it? 25 hours later
Hello
The spot seems a bit lighter now! Can strain do this to your eyes? I still feel nothing differe t in the eye. Just feel stress in the eyes. I alsonwanted to know if it will go in some time without any treatment or not? I am having upset stomach for a few days otherwise i am very healthy!

Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
My Dear,
thanks for getting back to us.
This may go off on its own.
This is not caused by strain
Basically there is no treatment which is to be offered to you,other than lubricants for complaint of dry eye.
Since there is no difficulty,just observe it for few days and as it starts fading away,then it can safely be ignored.
You are fine.