Noticed brown discharge after taking plan b. What can this be?

I took plan b 3 months in a row. I recently went on yaz because I didn't want to keep taking the emergency contraceptive. The third time I took plan b I got my period a week later and started yaz right around that time. Ever since I have had a light brown milky discharge. I know its not an std because I was recently tested and everything was normal. Just want to know if and when this brown discharge will go away. I also took a pregnancy test and that came back negative... Just wanted to see what this was...
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: breakthrough bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi there This brown discharge is breakthrough bleeding . It occurs to a hormonal imbalance due the possible inadequate dose of yaz . Normally the breakthrough bleeding disappears after a few months of use after the hormonal levels normalise . My suggestion would be to use it for 2-3mths . If the bleeding continues then pill needs to be changed .