Noticed brown discharge. Having sensitive nipples and weight gain. Could I be pregnant?

Hi I took a pregnancy test 3 days before period it was negative period started it was light and last eight days toward the end I didn't need a pad and when went to bathroom I'd wipe and had light brown color. I'm off period but nipples are very sensitive and gained a couple pounds and been very gassy. Could I be prego?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 29 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Pregnancy tests are positive after 4 to 5 days missing periods. As you did the pregnancy test before your periods it could be FALSELY NEGATIVE. And as your period was light this time, I suggest you to repeat the pregnancy test, if it is still negative nothing to be worried, that means YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT. I usually put low dose combined oral contraceptive pills for my patients with such complaints. I strongly advise you the same, kindly get a prescription from your doctor.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile