Noticed blurry vision and white coating on tongue. Diagnosed with shingles. Are these symptoms of HIV infection?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello Sir, I visited massage parlor 10 days back, i was given full body massage for around 20-25 minutes with some massage oil and then handjob without condom using the same massage oil. She applied the oil on penis glands (mucous) and then i ejaculated in her hands and on my thigh and stomach. She used a towel for cleaning the semen from my body. I am very much worried of being infected with HIV because of following: 1. If towel had some semen from previous customer (HIV infected) who might be given handjob 20-30 mins before. A towel was used to clean my buttocks. A towel was also used to clean my penis. Foreskin was pulled back during this process. 2. If the masseuse had some semen in her hands from which she touched my mucous skin of penis when she gave me a handjob. this semen would be put all over my penis. 3. If masseuse was HIV infected and had a cut on her hands. Symptoms since exposure: 1. Blurry vision 2. White coating on tongue, for 5 months now. Doesn't look like thrush but definite coated tongue. Been taking probiotics, rinsing with peroxide, XXXXXXX cider vinegar, salt water, nothing helps. 3. And just recently, diagnosed with shingles. This has gotten me the most worried of all as I understand a lot of hiv patients suffer from shingles, either that or people older than 60. I understand it happens in immune-compromised people. I'm really concerned as I am married and am afraid I may have given her hiv. I thought at the time handjobs were safe. I only did it once. Now I'm not so sure it's as safe as some claim. My symptoms are causing me great distress.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: unlikely to have HIV. Symptoms not related to HIV Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. First of all I assure you that you HIV free. 1. Hand job is the safest of all sexual activities like anal, vaginal and oral. 2. There is no possibility of HIV transmission through towels used for wiping or cleaning.It can not spread through fomites. HIV can not be viable outside the body fluids not more than few seconds. Once the stain of body fluid gets dried, immediately virus can not exist in that atmosphere. 3. Even if she is a HIV positive woman, unless she had a fresh bleeding wound in her hand and an obvious open wound in your genitals, there is no possibility of HIV transmission. No such reports is available anywhere in the world. 4. Similarly seminal stain in her hands from the previous customer and with that touching your penis also had no risk for HIV as once again HIV can not be viable after the semen got dried. Moreover in any parlor, nobody entertain their customer without washing their hands before and after the massage and they would use a fresh towel for each customer. This should be their basic norms for any parlor, not only for the sake of the health point of their customers but also for the health point of their own workers. These employees also would be aware of all these risks in their job. Regarding your symptoms: 1. Earliest symptoms of HIV can occur only after 4 weeks after the risky activity that too only in 40-50% of infected people only. Remaining would be symptom free up to 5-7 years after infection. So your symptoms are not at all related to HIV. 2.As you had white coated tongue more than 5 months, just forget about it. 3. Shingles can occur in normal immuno-competent individual also. In HIV it can occur only in regular infection (after 5-7 years) not in acute infection. Moreover in immune compromised individuals it may likely to occur as multi-dermatomal. So you need not worry about HIV through this hand job. Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Noticed blurry vision and white coating on tongue. Diagnosed with shingles. Are these symptoms of HIV infection? 1 hour later
Please remove my name from. Query

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Do you have any more questions? Detailed Answer: Hi, If you have any more questions with regards to your massage parlor experience feel free to ask. I am here to answer your questions. Dr S.Murugan